Sesame Tuna Steak with Avocado Salsa & Rice
- Small pot
- Large bowl
- Large pan
2 grapefruit, fair trade
8 ounces tuna steak
1 tbsp + 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup water
1 teaspoon whole black pepperShop this recipe
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed,
about 10-15 minutes.
Make the Salsa
• In the meantime, peel, pit and dice the avocado.
• Rinse and peel the grapefruit. Cut the grapefruit into ½-inch cubes.
• Rinse and dice the cilantro.
• Combine the avocado, grapefruit, and cilantro in a large bowl.
• Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the fruits and veggies in the bowl. Season with salt and
pepper to taste. Toss thoroughly to combine.
Cook the Tuna
• Rub the tuna with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add it to a large bowl with the sesame seeds.
• Press the tuna to coat all sides with sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Carefully place the tuna on the pan and sear
for about 1 minute per side (or almost 2 minutes per side if you prefer your tuna less rare).
• Let rest before cutting into two pieces.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two plates. Add a piece of sesame tuna and top with the avocado
salsa to serve!