Seared Oregano Trout with Sweet Corn & Tomato Salad
- Large pot
- Small pot
- Large bowl
- Large pan
to taste salt & pepper
2 cobs corn
1½ cups waterShop this recipe
Boil the Corn
• Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Shuck the corn.
• Once the water is boiling, add the corn and return to boil. Turn off the heat and let the corn cook, covered, until bright yellow, about 3-5 minutes.
• Remove the corn from heat and rinse under cool water. Once it is cool enough to handle, remove the kernels with a knife.
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• In the meantime, cut the lime in half.
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
• Rinse and roughly chop the basil.
• Rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes.
• In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, grape tomatoes, basil, and green onion.
• Squeeze the juice from one lime half into the bowl.
• Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss everything to thoroughly coat.
Cook the Trout
• Slice the trout fillet(s) in half and season with dried oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the trout and sear until cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the quinoa, and corn and tomato salad between two plates. Top each with a piece of trout.
• Serve with the remaining lime on the side for squeezing!