Sea Salt & Thyme Beet Chips
- Two baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Mandolin (optional)
- Paper towel
- Small bowl
3 beets, red bunched
To taste sea salt
1 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oilShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Beets
- Preheat the oven to 255F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Rinse the Beets and slice with a mandolin. If you don't have a mandolin, simply slice the beets as thinly as possible.
- Place the slices on sheets of paper towel for a few minutes to help draw out some of the excess liquid.
Bake the Beet Chips
- Line the beet slices on the prepared baking sheet as tightly next to eachother as possible, without overlapping them.
- Pour the olive oil into a small bowl and use a pastry brush to coat the beet slices.
- Very lightly season with sea salt & dried thyme and bake for 2+ hours, until the chips start to turn brown and crispy.
Bring It All together
- Turn the oven off and let the beet chips cool before serving.
- Keep them in an airtight container for up to 3 days, enjoy!