Savoury Asparagus Tart with Gruyere & Goat Cheese
1 sheet (from 450 g pkg) frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons living basil
2 tablespoons waterShop this recipe
Prepare the Pastry
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pastry on the baking sheet and bake until partially cooked (about half of the total baking time required), generally 8-10 minutes.
Assemble the Tart
- Rinse the asparagus and snap or trim away the bottom inch or so of each spear. Rinse and chop the herbs.
- Mince the garlic and grate the Gruyere.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and whisk together with 1 tbsp. water. When the pastry is ready, brush all over with this egg wash.
- Sprinkle with Gruyere and goat cheese. Arrange the asparagus on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with basil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring It All Together
- Return the pastry to the oven and continue to bake until the pastry is golden-brown and puffed and the asparagus is bright green and tender-crisp, about another 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into long rectangles or squares to serve!