A quick and tasty pasta dish you can whip up in the time it takes pasta to cook? Continue reading! For this dish, don't forget to reserve a little bit of the pasta water before draining. It will help create a luscious sauce and coat the pasta, thanks to the starch from the pasta that's released in the water as it cooks.
2 cups pasta, quinoa & brown rice fusilli, fresh city jar
2 teaspoons olive oil, ev bioharvest
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons vinegar, balsamic with honey
2 cups arugula, baby 142gShop this recipe
- 2 cups Quinoa & Brown Rice Fusilli (or any short cut pasta you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 HB mild Italian pork sausages, thawed and cut into medallions (Or use Vegan Gusta Italiana Sausages to make this meal vegetarian)
- 1 red pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot or 2 small ones, sliced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or pressed
- 2 tbsp Acropolis balsamic vinegar with honey, plus extra for serving
- 2 cups lightly packaged arugula
- In large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil. Add in the sausage. Cook without stirring, until the sausage starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Flip sausage and add in peppers, shallots, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring from time to time, until peppers start to soften and sausage is just about cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in Acropolis Balsamic Vinegar with Honey, stirring until well mixed. Stir in pasta until coated through, adding reserved pasta water, a little at a time if needed, to help loosen the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in arugula. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with a little extra Acropolis Balsamic Vinegar with Honey. Serve immediately.