Sausage & Kale Spaghetti with Garlic and Parmesan
- Large pot
- Large pan
To taste salt & pepper
1½ tsp. italian spice mix (thyme, italian seasoning, onion powder, paprika)Shop this recipe
Boil the Noodles
- Bring a large pot filled with water to boil.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and the spaghetti. Cook the spaghetti until tender-firm (al dente), about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the noodles in a colander in the sink and cut them into fork manageable pieces, if desired.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
- In the meantime, dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Rinse and roughly chop the kale.
- Grate the Parmesan.
Cook the Sausage
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove the sausage(s) from their casing and add to the pan with the Italian Spice Mix. Stir, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the sausage is cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
Assemble the Spaghetti
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan with the sausage and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted and bright green, about 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in half of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring It All Together
- Evenly divide the spaghetti between two plates and top with the sausage and kale mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan to serve!