Salmon & Sun-Dried Tomatoes Alfredo
8-10 ounces salmon fillet(s)
2 cups semolina linguine
1/2 cup lactose-free parmesan, old style
1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
1 and 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in organic olive oil
1 cup waterShop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking sheet with ½ tbsp. of olive oil. Place salmon skin-side down and bake until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. It should flake easily with a fork once done. Let cool, then slice into smaller chunks.
2. While the salmon is baking, prepare the remaining ingredients. Mince the garlic, shred the Parmesan and roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and let it cook for a few minutes, until al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander and set aside in a large bowl.
4. Next, bring 1 cup of water and half & half cream to a boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, reduce heat and add the garlic, parmesan, veggie bouillon cube, the remaining olive oil and flour. Stir with a whisk to ensure no lumps will form. After about 3 minutes, add the sun-dried tomatoes and salmon. Let simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Pour sauce over the pasta, mix well and serve!
Optional: garnish with any fresh herbs or pea shoots if you have them on hand.