Salmon Fish Cakes with Radish & Celery Salsa
- Medium pot
- Large bowl
- Large pan
to taste salt & pepper
2 radish, red
2 tablespoons lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, sea salt, maple syrup, lemon juice, maple mustard, apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbsShop this recipe
Prepare the Veggies
• Rinse the root veggie and sweet potato and slice them into 1-inch cubes.
• Rinse the kale and thinly slice it into ribbons.
• Bring a medium pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add the root veggie and sweet potato cubes. Boil until tender, 8-10 minutes.
• Drain in a colander and return to the pot, along with the kale ribbons.
Make the Salsa
• Rinse the radish, celery, and apple.
• Core and finely dice the apple.
• Thinly slice the radish and celery.
• Add the veggies and apple to a large bowl and drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and the Lemon-Maple Dressing. Toss to thoroughly coat and set aside in the fridge.
Assemble the Salmon Cakes
• Remove any skin/bones from the salmon fillet(s) and flake it into small pieces with a fork.
• Add the salmon flakes to the medium pot with the sweet potato mixture, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Using a fork, mash the mixture until well combined.
• Stir in the egg, flour, and breadcrumbs.
Cook the Salmon Cakes
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Use a spoon to scoop some of the salmon batter onto the pan. Repeat the process until you have filled the pan without overcrowding.
• Cook until golden-brown, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the salmon cakes between two plates and serve with radish and celery salsa on the side!