Salmon Coconut Curry with Bell Pepper & Broccoli
- Small pot
- Large pot
1½ cups water
to taste salt & pepper
8-10 oz. wild salmon fillet (6oz)
¾ cup thai coconut mix (coconut milk, tamari, coconut sugar)Shop this recipe
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Mince the ginger.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets.
• Cut the lime in half, and then slice one half into wedges.
• Cut the salmon into 1-inch pieces.
• Rinse and roughly chop the basil.
Make the Curry
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
• Stir in the ginger, Thai Coconut Mix and green curry paste.
• Squeeze the juice from the intact lime half over top and bring the mixture to simmer.
• Stir in the bell pepper, broccoli and salmon, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add about ¼ cup of water to the sauce if you prefer a thinner sauce.
• Let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until the salmon is cooked through and the broccoli is tender-crisp, about 15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two plates or bowls and top each with some of the curry mixture.
• Garnish with fresh basil and wedges of lime to serve!