Salmon Chowder with Tomato & Grilled Cheese
- Large pot
- Small pan
- Small bowl
1/2 cup corn
1/2 count leeks, large stalk
4 slices multigrain sliced loaf
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingedients
• Rinse, scrub and cut the potatoes into ½-inch cubes.
• Rinse the corn kernels in a colander in the sink.
• Rinse the leek, grape tomatoes and parsley.
• Thinly slice the leek, roughly chop the parsley, halve the grape tomatoes and mince the garlic.
• Open the salmon.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
Cook the Chowder
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
• Add the potatoes, leek, corn, garlic, and thyme. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
• Add half of the lemon juice and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the tomatoes, water, cream, vegetable bouillon, and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
• Add the salmon and simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 5-6 minutes.
Make the Grilled Cheese
• While the chowder cooks, thinly slice the cheese.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small pan over medium heat.
• Place two pieces of bread on the pan and evenly divide the cheese between them. Once the cheese starts to melt, add the remaining bread on top.
• Grill until the cheese is fully melted and the bread has browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and slice the grilled cheese in half.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the chowder between two bowls and garnish with parsley.
• Serve with grilled cheese on the side!