Salade Niçoise with Tuna, Eggs & Garden Veggies
- Medium pot
- Small bowl
- Paper towel
- Large pan
½ cup green beans
To taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sea salt, apple cider vinegar)Shop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and scrub the potatoes, and cut away any blemishes. Chop them into 1-inch chunks.
• Rinse the green beans and cut off the stems.
• Rinse and thinly slice the radishes and cucumber.
Boil the Eggs & Potatoes
• Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
• Once boiling, add the eggs. Boil for 8-10 minutes, then carefully remove them with a spoon and transfer them to a small bowl of cold water.
• Add the green beans to the pot and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes. Drain the potatoes and green beans in a colander.
• De-shell the eggs and cut them into quarters.
Cook the Tuna
• Pat the tuna dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and place the tuna in the pan. Sear for
3-4 minutes then flip and repeat on the other side. Remove from heat.
• Once cool enough to handle, cut the tuna into smaller chunks.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse the small bowl used earlier.
• Using a fork, whisk 1 tbsp. olive oil and the Lemon-Maple Dressing together in a small bowl.
• Arrange the veggies, eggs and tuna on two plates and drizzle with the dressing to serve!