Saigon Beef Burgers with Cabbage Slaw & Chili Mayo
- Large bowl
- Large pan
- Small bowl
4 red radish
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar)
to taste salt & pepper
2 beef burgers
2 tbsp soy mayonnaiseShop this recipe
Make the Cabbage Slaw
• Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage, radish, carrot and cilantro.
• Mince the garlic and ginger.
• Add all of the above to a large bowl. Drizzle with the Sweet Chili Sauce, reserving about 1 tablespoon.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to thoroughly to coat. Set aside.
Cook the Burgers
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the burgers and grill, undisturbed, until they darken, about 3-4 minutes.
• Flip and repeat on the other side. The burgers should be cooked through, dark on both sides, and feel firm.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse and thinly slice the cucumber.
• In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and remaining Sweet Chili Sauce.
• If desired, rinse the pans used for the burgers to toast the buns over medium heat.
Bring It All Together
• Place a bun on each plate and spread the bottom bun with some of the chili mayo.
• Top with a burger patty, cucumber slices and cabbage slaw.
• Serve with the remaining slaw on the side!