1 cup white arborio rice
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon medium ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup pureed hubbard squash
10 leaves swiss chard, rinsed and choppedShop this recipe
Prep: finely chop the onions. Mince garlic. Grate parmesan. Chop sage.
1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
2. When the butter stops foaming add the onions and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and rice and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add in 2 cups of of stock, the salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, covered for ten minutes, stirring regularly.
6. When the rice begins to thicken add the remaining stock and the squash puree and cook for five more minutes.
7. After five minutes remove the rice from the heat and add the half and half, parmesan, and the sage. Stir until well incorporated.
8. Heat a separate pan over high heat. Add a splash of water and a pinch of salt and the swiss chard.
9. When the chard is wilted add it to the risotto and stir to combine.
10. Serve immediately.
* To make pureed hubbard squash: cut the squash in half through the stem and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Roast skin-side-up at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Scoop the flesh from the skin and puree in a blender until smooth.