Rustic Tuscan Sausage Stew with White Beans & Spinach
- Large pot
- Large pot
2 carrots, loose
To taste salt & pepper
1½ cups water
2 tsp. fresh city's tuscan spice mix (rosemary, sage, grlic powder)Shop this recipe
Cook the Sausage
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the sausage(s) to the pan and cook until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side.
• Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes before slicing into 1-inch thick rounds. Set aside.
Prepare the Ingredients
• While the sausage is cooking, rinse and dice the celery, carrots, and tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the spinach.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• Rinse the beans in a colander in the sink.
Make the Stew
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium
heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
• Add the celery and carrots. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
• Stir in the tomatoes, sausage, beans, water, vegetable bouillon, rosemary and red pepper flakes, if desired.
• Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
• Stir in the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, about another 5 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Grate the Parmesan.
• Divide the stew evenly between two bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.
• Serve with dinner rolls!