Rustic Salmon Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes & Spinach
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
To taste salt & pepper
1 cup spinach, bunched
6-8 oz. wild salmon fillet (6oz)
1 cup water
¼ cup parmesan cheese (la chaudiere)Shop this recipe
Boil the Noodles
• Bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
• Add the noodles and boil until tender-firm (al dente), about 8 minutes.
• Rinse and drain the noodles and spinach in a colander and return to the pot.
Roast the Tomatoes & Salmon
• In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400°F.
• Rinse the basil, grape tomatoes, and spinach.
• Halve the grape tomatoes, and thinly slice the basil. Mince the garlic.
• Add the garlic and tomatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Toss to thoroughly coat. Pour the tomatoes onto one half of a baking sheet.
• Add the salmon to the other half of the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Roast the salmon and tomatoes for 10 minutes and then remove the salmon, setting it aside on a plate. Return the tomatoes to the oven until tender and lightly charred, about another 5-6 minutes.
Make the Sauce
• Remove the tomatoes from the oven and transfer half to a blender or food processor with ¼ cup water and 1 tbsp. tomato paste. Blend until smooth.
• Pour into the pot with the noodles, add the spinach, and stir to coat. Turn the heat up to medium and cook until the sauce is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Grate the Parmesan, if not pre-shredded.
• Evenly divide the noodles between two plates and top with salmon pieces and the remaining roasted tomatoes.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan to serve!