Rustic Chicken Spaghetti with Mushrooms & Peppers
- Large pot
- Large pan
1/4 cup basil
1 tsp. vegetable soup broth powder
1/4 cup old-style parmesan cheese
To taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup waterShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
Rinse and dice the bell pepper. Rinse and roughly chop the basil. Dice the onion.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms. Grate the Parmesan.
Boil the Spaghetti
• Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until tender-firm (al dente), about 10-12 minutes. Drain in a colander in the sink.
Cook the Chicken
• In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan
over medium-high heat.
• Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and add it to the pan. Let sear for 6-7 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for another 6-7 minutes.
• The chicken is done when it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165º F and shows no signs
of pink. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool slightly, and cut it into 1-inch strips.
Assemble the Spaghetti
• Rinse the pan and return it to the element over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Add the onion and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the mushroom and bell
pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
• Add the chicken, ¼ cup of water and the vegetable broth powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the
liquid has reduced, about 3-4 minutes.
• Toss with the spaghetti and remove from heat.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the chicken spaghetti between two plates and serve with fresh basil!