Rosemary and Garlic-Roasted Broccoli & Sweet Potatoes
I make broccoli and sweet potatoes all of the time. However, my typical preparation of steaming and eating them with salt, pepper, and butter can become a bit mundane. This is a nice way to switch things up.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
0.5 teaspoons medium ground black pepper
1 armesan cheese to top [or toasted, slivered almonds for a vegan option]Shop this recipe
Prep: Cube 1 large yam/sweet potatoe (about 4 cups). Chop 2 large heads of broccoli (about 6 cups). Finely chop rosemary. Chop garlic.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350* and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the cubed yam or sweet potato on the pan with 1 tablespoon of oil, rosemary, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. [I used 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic for a strong, garlic flavor].
3. Toss to coat and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Stir, then add the broccoli and the additional tablespoon of oil and stir again.
5. Roast for another 20-25min until the tender and browned.
6. Top with more salt and pepper if desired and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.