Rose Reisman’s Chicken with Avocado, Tomato & Lemon Salsa
- Small pot
- Parchment paper
- Large pan
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
1½ cups water
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Cook the Chicken
• Place the chicken breast(s) between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a mallet or wooden spoon, pound the chicken to an even ½-inch thickness.
• Dust the chicken with flour.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5-8 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink.
Prepare the Salsa Ingredients
• Rinse and dice the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Mince the garlic.
• Peel, pit and dice the avocado.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
Make the Salsa
• In a large bowl, combine the grape tomatoes, avocado, garlic and hot sauce (if desired).
• Stir in 1 tbsp. olive oil, half of the cilantro, half of the lemon juice, and half of the honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to thoroughly coat.
Bring It All Together
• Drizzle the remaining lemon and honey over the quinoa and stir in the remaining cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste and evenly divide between two plates.
• Top with chicken and salsa to serve!