Root Vegetable Risotto with Arugula & Pear
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Food processor/blender
- Large bowl
- Large pot
- Cheese grater
To taste salt & pepper
¼ cup white wine verjus
3 cups water
1 pear, anjou
2 tbsp. de-shelled walnuts
1 tbsp. maple vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar, maple syrup)Shop this recipe
Roast the Root Vegetables
• Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse the carrot and sweet potato, and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Rinse and roughly chop the sage.
• Add the veggies to a large bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil, sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to thoroughly coat. Pour the veggies onto the baking sheet and rinse the large bowl.
• Bake until the veggies are golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Once the veggies are roasted, add them to a food processor or blender with 1 tbsp. olive oil and purée until mostly smooth.
Make the Risotto
• Dice the yellow onion and add it to a large pot with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
• Add the Arborio rice, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the white wine verjus, and stir until the liquid is absorbed, about 1-2 minutes.
• Pour in 2 cups of water and stir until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Then, add the root vegetable purée, and 1 cup of water. Stir and allow the rice to absorb the mixture, about 10 minutes.
• Remove the risotto from heat. Grate the Parmesan and add it to the pot, stirring to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the Salad
• Rinse the pear and arugula. Cut the pear into ¼-inch thick slices and roughly chop the walnuts.
• Combine the ingredients in your large bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and the maple vinaigrette.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to thoroughly coat. Set aside.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the risotto between two plates or bowls and serve with the pear and arugula salad on the side!