Roasted Eggplant, Red Pepper & Garlic Spread
1 medium eggplant, peeled
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon medium ground black pepperShop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes.
3. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly.
5. Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Taste for salt and pepper.