Roasted Chickpea-Pear Bowl with Quinoa & Walnuts
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Small bowl
- Small pot
- Large bowl
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup maple dressing (apple cider vinegar, maple mustard)
2 tbsp. de-shelled walnuts
2 tbsp. dried cranberriesShop this recipe
Roast the Chickpeas & Pear
• Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Remove the thyme leaves from the stem. Rinse and slice the pear.
• Rinse the chickpeas in a colander and transfer them to a small bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the chickpeas onto the baking sheet. Roast for 8 minutes.
• Add the pears to the same small bowl used for the chickpeas and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the pears. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the chickpeas are golden-brown and the pears are releasing juices.
Make the Quinoa
• While the chickpeas are roasting, add the quinoa to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt, and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
Prepare the Veggies & Dressing
• Rinse the kale and cucumber.
• Remove the kale leaves from the stem and add them to a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands to massage the oil into the kale for about 1 minute.
• Dice the cucumber and add it to the bowl.
• Add the maple dressing and 1 tbsp. olive oil to the small bowl used earlier for the chickpeas and pears. Whisk with a fork.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the quinoa and veggie/kale mixture between two bowls. Top with chickpeas, pears, walnuts, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese.
• Drizzle with the maple dressing to serve!