Roasted Chicken Thighs with Rhubarb & Cucumber Salsa
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
to taste salt & pepper
24-28 oz. chicken thighs (with bone)
1/4 cup lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, sea salt)
1/2 lb. rhubarbShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse and slice the sweet potatoes into ½-inch thick rounds. Add them to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Toss to thoroughly coat and transfer to one half of the baking sheet. Roast in the oven.
Roast the Chicken
• In the meantime, place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and slash each crosswise at ¾-inch intervals down to the bone. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Remove the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes from the oven and place the chicken thighs on the other half.
• Drizzle the thighs with 1 tbsp. olive oil and half of the Lemon-Maple Dressing.
• Roast until the chicken is cooked through, the skin is crisp and the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes.
• The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
Prepare the Salsa
• While the chicken and sweet potatoes are roasting, make the salsa.
• Rinse and dice the rhubarb, cucumber and green onion.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Cut the lime in half.
• Add everything but the lime to the same bowl used earlier for the sweet potato. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and the remaining Lemon-Maple Dressing.
• Squeeze one half of the lime’s juice into the bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the chicken and sweet potatoes between two plates. Top with the rhubarb-cucumber salsa and serve with the remaining lime!