Roasted Carrot Lasagna with Kale Ricotta
- Large pot
- Medium bowl
- Cheese grater
- Small baking dish
- Aluminum foil
To taste salt & pepper
6-8 lasagna noodles semolina lasagna noodles
½ cup ricotta sheep cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella & cheddar
1½ cups tomato sauce
¼ cup waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Boil the Noodles
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add the lasagna noodles and boil for about 10-12 minutes or until al dente (tender-firm).
- Rinse the noodles under cold water and drain in a colander. Set aside.
Prepare the Ricotta & Veggies
- While the noodles are boiling, rinse the carrots, and kale. Mince the garlic, dice the red onion and roughly chop the kale.
- Dice the carrots and zucchini by first cutting off the ends. Then cut them in half lengthwise, and cut them in half lengthwise again. Finally, cut those strips into ½-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, kale leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Shred the mozzarella using a cheese grater and set aside.
Make the Sauce
- In the same pot used for the noodles earlier, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and zucchini and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and water and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Bring It All Together
- Assemble the lasagna! Pour 1/3 of the sauce into a small baking dish and top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread all of the kale-ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and sprinkle with ½ of the mozzarella.
- Next, spread another 1/3 of the sauce on top of the mozzarella, followed by the remaining noodles. Pour the remaining sauce on top of the noodles and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover the lasagna with foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for another 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving!