Roasted Carrot & Fennel Soup
- Baking sheet
- Large pot
1 lb. carrots, loose
1 bulb fennel
1 tsp. ground coriander seed
4 cups vegetable broth
to taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Roast the Carrots and Prepare the Fennel
• Preheat the oven to 400F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Slice the carrots into planks and toss with olive oil. Roast for about 20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a pot over medium.
• Trim fronds from fennel and save for another use. Slice the fennel bulb thinly.
Make the Soup
• Add fennel and onion to your pot and stir to coat with oil.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to caramelize.
• Stir in ginger, coriander, salt, and pepper.
• When the carrots have roasted, add them to the pot, then add vegetable broth.
• Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
• Using a blender, purée soup until smooth.
Bring It All Together
• Divide evenly and enjoy! If desired, serve with sriracha or cream.