Roasted Beets with Balsamic Glaze
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Sauté pan
2 lbs. beets, rainbow bunched
1 tbsp biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. orange zest
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Prepare and Cook the Beets
• Scrub the beets clean and remove the tops.
• Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Place the beets on the sheet. Rub olive oil over the beets and sprinkle with salt. Cover the beets with another sheet of aluminum foil.
• Roast for 1 to 2 hours, depending on the size of the beets. After 1 hour, test every 15 minutes by poking a beet with the tines of a fork.
• Once the fork tines go in easily, the beets are cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Prepare the Balsamic Glaze
• While the beets are cooling, prepare the balsamic glaze.
• In a small, shallow sauté pan, add the balsamic vinegar and sugar.
• Heat on high until the vinegar has reduce to a syrup consistency. Remove from heat.
• After the beets have cooled for several minutes, but are still warm to touch, peel off the outer skins and discard. Cut the beets into bite sized-pieces.
Bring It All Together
• Divide evenly, pour in the balsamic glaze, garnish with orange zest, and enjoy!