Roasted Beet Bowl with Lentils, Goat Cheese & Walnuts
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Medium pot
to taste salt & pepper
3/4 cup dried green lentils
2 cups water
2 cups spinach, bunched
¼ cup fresh city's balsamic dressing (balsamic vinegar, olive oil)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse and peel the beets. Cut them into 1-inch chunks.
• Mince the garlic.
Roast the Beets
• Add the beet chunks to a large bowl with the olive oil, garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine.
• Pour the beets onto the baking sheet and roast until fork-tender, about 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
• Add the walnuts and pumpkin seeds to the baking sheet for the final 3-5 minutes of roasting.
Cook the Lentils
• While the beets are roasting, cook the lentils.
• Rinse the lentils in a fine sieve and place them in a medium pot with 2 cups water over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Once the water is boiling, reduce heat to simmer.
• Cook, uncovered, until the lentils are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and strain in the sieve if necessary. Set aside.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and dry the spinach or arugula, and evenly divide it between two bowls or plates.
• Top the greens with lentils, roasted beets, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds.
• Crumble the goat cheese on top and drizzle with the balsamic dressing!