Red Pepper Pad Thai with Tofu, Broccoli & Cashews
- Blender/food processor
- Large bowl or dish
- Large pan
¼ cup pad thai sauce (diced tomatoes, tamari, brown rice vinegar, sunflower butter, coconut sugar, tamarind chutney)
¼ cup waterShop this recipe
Make the Sauce
• In a blender or food processor, combine the Pad Thai Sauce and water.
• Cut the lime in half. Slice one of the halves into wedges and set aside. Squeeze the juice of the other half into the blender/food processor and blend the mixture until smooth.
Prepare the Noodles
• Place the noodles in a large bowl or dish filled with warm water and soak until tender-firm (al dente), about 10-15 minutes. Drain in a colander in the sink.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
• Mince the garlic.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Rinse the broccoli and chop it into florets.
• Crush the cashews with the broad side of a knife.
Cook the Tofu & Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the tofu and cook, flipping occasionally, until lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
• Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the pan. Stir in the garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Add the broccoli and bell pepper and cook until fork-tender, about another 5-6 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Stir in the sauce and noodles, and cook until everything is heated through, 3-4 minutes.
• Evenly divide the Pad Thai between two bowls.
• Garnish with cashews and wedges of lime to serve!