Ratatouille Polenta with Roasted Eggplant & Zucchini
- Large pot
- Medium pot
3 cups water
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tsp. garlic powder granules
to taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. hewitt's goat milk sour cream, 14% mfShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse and dice the eggplant and zucchini.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
Start the Ratatouille
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
• Add the Tuscan Spice Mix and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes become mushy, 5-7 minutes.
Make the Polenta
• In the meantime, bring 3 cups of water to boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, reduce the heat to
low and whisk in the cornmeal. Stir until smooth.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a thicker consistency.
• Remove from heat and whisk in the butter and sour cream. Set aside.
Finish the Ratatouille
• Add the zucchini to the pot, stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the eggplant, stir, and cover. Cook until tender, about another 8-10 minutes.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
Bring It All Together
• Grate the Parmesan, if not pre-shredded.
• Evenly divide the polenta between two bowls.
• Top with the ratatouille and sprinkle with Parmesan to serve!