Quinoa Sliders with Green Goddess Aioli
These crispy, golden quinoa sliders from Le Petit Chef are paired with a delightfully herbaceous green goddess aioli. They are vegetarian friendly, but meat lover approved, and the perfect crowd pleaser for Superbowl weekend or a summer BBQ.
1 sweda eggs
2 tablespoons lactose-free parmesan, old style
1 teaspoon dill
to taste salt & pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 mini slider buns
1 roma tomatoes
1 tablespoon living basil
1/4 cup soy mayonnaiseShop this recipe
1. Grate the zucchini. Lightly beat the egg. Cook and cool quinoa. Grate parmesan. Mince the garlic. Chop the dill. Thinly slice the cucumber. Thinly slice the tomato. Rinse and tear the lettuce. Chop the herbs.
1. Cook the quinoa. Add the quinoa to a small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring the water to boil, reduce the heat to simmer, and cover. Cook until all of the water is absorbed. Set aside and let cool.
2. In the meantime, prep the remaining ingredients; grate the parmesan, mince the garlic, chop the herbs, rinse and tear the lettuce into small bits, grate the zucchini, and thinly slice the tomato and cucumber.
3. Squeeze the liquid from the grated zucchini by wringing it out in a paper towel or cheesecloth. Combine zucchini and beaten egg in a meduim sized bowl. Add quinoa, breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, dill, salt and pepper and stir until just combined. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
4. While the mixture is chilling, make the Green Goddess Aioli: combine soy mayo, lemon juice, parsley, basil, chives and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
5. Using a 1/4 measuring cup as a mold, form round patties by pressing firmly in between the palms of your hands. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and when oil is hot, add the patties and cook until crisp and golden, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, flip the patties and repeat.
6. To assemble the sliders, split and toast the buns, if desired. Layer one slider patty per bun with cucumber, tomato, lettuce and a dollop of green goddess aioli.