Quick Pulled Pork Sammies with Carrot & Cabbage Slaw
- Large pot
- Large bowl
- Large pan
¾ cup fresh city's bbq sauce (diced tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, cornstarch, onion powder, chili powder, cane sugar, cumin, paprika, sea salt)
¼ cup water
2 carrots, loose
to taste salt & pepper
4 single hamburger bunShop this recipe
Simmer the Pork
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Add both to the pot and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the BBQ Sauce and water, and bring to simmer.
• Add the pork and simmer, covered, until the pork is just cooked through and tender, about 30 minutes.
Make the Slaw
• While the pork simmers, rinse the cabbage and carrots, and chop them into matchstick-size pieces.
• In a large bowl, combine 1 tbsp. olive oil, the apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard.
• Add the cabbage and carrots and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to thoroughly coat and set aside.
Shred the Pork
• Remove the pork from the pot using tongs and transfer to a cutting board. Let sit for 5 minutes and then shred the pork into large chunks using a fork.
• Increase the heat of the pot to medium-high and stir in the shredded pork. Continue to cook until the pork has absorbed most of the sauce, and is your desired tenderness, about 15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Lightly toast the buns by placing them face down in a large pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
• Top each bun with some of the pulled pork and divide evenly between two plates. Serve with slaw on the side!