The perfect fall treat, and great on-the-go – made with a yummy cinnamon pecan glaze drizzled on top!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons buttermilk
1.25 cups icing sugar
a pinch of ground nutmeg
0 de-shelled pecans, toastedShop this recipe
1. Whisk together dry 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 3 tablespoons buttermilk, and 1 egg in a bowl.
2. Using a pastry blender or food processor if using, cut in butter cubes till crumbly.
3. Whisk together pumpkin puree, buttermilk, and egg.
4. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined and comes together in a ball.
5. Turn dough onto a floured surface, shape into a circle approx 1" thick.
6. Cut dough in half, then in quarters and then into eighths so you end up with 8 triangle shapes.
7. Place on parchment lined baking pan, bake at 425º oven for 15 minutes, until a light golden brown.
8. Cool on cooling rack.
9. Whisk together 1 1/4 cups icing sugar, 2 tablespoons milk or cream, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, pinch nutmeg and drizzle over still slightly warm scones.
10. Sprinkle toasted pecan pieces on top.