Pulled BBQ Carrot Slider with Chickpeas & Coleslaw
- Large bowl
- Large pan
- Medium pan
¼ cup ranch revival salad dresing
To taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh city's bbq sauce (diced tomato, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, cornstarch, chili powder, cane sugar, onion powder, paprika, cumin, sea salt)
2 single hamburger bunShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse and grate the carrots.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage.
• Rinse the chickpeas in a colander in the sink.
Make the Creamy Coleslaw
• Add the cabbage and Ranch Revival Dressing to a large bowl.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to thoroughly coat.
• Let marinate in the fridge until ready to serve.
Make the Pulled BBQ Carrots
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add the chickpeas and mash lightly with a fork.
• Stir in the carrots, and BBQ Sauce, and bring the mixture to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the carrots are tender and have absorbed some of the BBQ Sauce, about 10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Toast the buns in a medium pan over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes, if desired.
• Evenly divide the buns between two plates.
• Top the bottom half of each bun with some of the pulled carrot and chickpea mixture, and coleslaw.
• Serve with any remaining coleslaw on the side!