Potato & Turnip Patties
0.5 pounds turnips
0.25 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 coarse salt & ground pepper to taste
1 any other herbs you'd like (rosemary or thyme are great choices!)Shop this recipe
1. Grate potatoes and turnips and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible; transfer vegetables to a medium bowl. Toss with coarse salt, ground pepper and any additional herbs you'd like.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Form potato/turnip mixture into six tightly packed patties; place three in the skillet, flattening gently with a spatula to a 1/2-inch thickness.
4. Crack eggs on the edge of the skillet and let them drop into the spaces beside each patty. Once bottom of eggs cook through, flip onto an adjacent patty.
5. Top with the remaining three patties and flip to cook the other side. Continue to cook patties, turning as needed, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side (reduce heat if patties start to brown too quickly, and add more oil to skillet if necessary). Transfer to paper towels; sprinkle with salt.