- Large pot
- Blender or food processor
4 lbs. potatoes, white
6 cups vegetable broth
to taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the Leeks
• Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and clean them by fanning under water to remove dirt.
• Slice thinly, about ¼ inch thick.
Make the Soup
• Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and salt, stir occasionally for 7-10 minutes.
• Once leeks are soft, add the potatoes and chicken broth.
• Turn up to medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through and break apart from the touch of a spoon.
• Remove about ½ the soup from the pot and blend in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour back into the pot.
Bring It All Together
• Divide evenly and enjoy!