Portobello Burgers with Caramelized Onions & Potatoes
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Medium pan
to taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sea salt, apple cider vinegar)
2 gluten free flax bunsShop this recipe
Roast the Potatoes
• Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse and scrub the potatoes, and cut away any blemishes. Slice them into 1-inch cubes.
• Add the potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, the dried rosemary, and salt and
pepper to taste. Toss to coat and pour the potatoes onto the baking sheet.
• Roast for 20-25 minutes.
Caramelize the Onions
• In the meantime, heat the butter in a medium pan over medium-low heat.
• Thinly slice the onion and add it to the pan.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, browning, and reduced, about 20 minutes.
Make the Burgers
• Next, remove the stems and ‘gills’ from the Portobello mushroom caps. The gills should scrape out easily (and carefully) with a spoon.
• Brush the caps with the Lemon-Maple Dressing and place them on the baking sheet with the potatoes in the oven.
• The Portobello caps should bake, flipping halfway through, until nicely browned, about 10 minutes.
• The potatoes should roast until golden-brown and fork-tender, about the same amount of time as the
Bring It All Together
• Toast the buns if desired and top each bun with a Portobello cap (bottom-side up).
• Top each cap with caramelized onions, goat cheese and sprouts. Serve with rosemary roasted potatoes
on the side!