We’re cooking from this week’s fruit & veg value bag! This recipe is pesto, cucumber and avocado salad. Perfect recipes to make for a simple work lunch.
There is no ingredients for this recipe
This is such a simple salad to put together but tastes absolutely amazing. To make it more filling, serve it topped with falafel, seared tofu or the protein of your choice. Don’t have pesto on hand? Replace it with yogurt and some freshly chopped herbs instead.
- 1 cup white or black beans
- 1/3 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp prepared pesto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine, apple cider or white wine vinegar
- Pinch each salt and pepper
1. In bowl, combine beans, cucumber, avocado and quinoa.
2. Stir in pesto, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.