This perfectly sweet and crunchy cookie recipe was kindly shared by Sophie Bayzaie, a valued member of our Customer Service team. Here's what she told us about these delicious walnut treats: "I call these cookies Auntie Mina's cookies as they are part of my Persian New Year memories since childhood. We always had them in my mom's Aunt, auntie Mina's house when we visited them as part of our tradition to visit elderly relatives in the first days of new year."
4 yolks eggs, large [heritage]
1/2 cup sugar, raw cane, fresh city jar
1 teaspoon vanilla, extract
2 cups walnuts, fresh city jarShop this recipe
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground green cardamom seeds
- 2 cups walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and cardamom. Using stand or hand mixer and the whisk attachment, beat the mixture until lighlty in colour and more voluminous, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, using a knife, roughly chop the walnuts. Add the walnuts to the egg yolk mixture and combine. The mixture will be thick.
4. Using two teaspoons of dough, form balls of dough. Arrange about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (cookies will spread while they bake).
5. In batches, pop the baking sheets in the oven, and bake until no longer shiny and slightly golden underneath, about 22 to 25 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.