Peanut Thai Bowl with Tofu, Green Beans & Almonds
- Large pot
- Food processor/blender
to taste salt & pepper
200g rice noodles, stir-fry
½ cup fresh city's peanut dressing (peanut butter, sesame oil, water, lime juice, brown rice vinegar, tamari, garlic powder, ginger, salt)
¼ cup water
1 cup green beans, to
2 carrots, loose
150g firm tofuShop this recipe
Boil the Rice Noodles
• Bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
• Once boiling, add the noodles and cook until tender-firm (al dente), about 8-10 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink and cut into fork-manageable pieces, if desired.
Make the Sauce
• Mince the garlic.
• Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into a food processor or blender.
• Add the garlic, Peanut Dressing, and ¼ cup of water. Blend until smooth.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse the green beans and carrots.
• Trim away the ends of the green beans and cut into 1-inch pieces. Slice the carrots into ½-inch thick coins.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms. Dice the onion.
• Roughly chop the almonds.
• Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Cook the Tofu & Veggies
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in the same large pot used earlier for the noodles over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots, green beans, and tofu and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
• Stir in the mushrooms and noodles. Pour the sauce into the pot. Stir to combine. Cook until the noodles absorb some of the sauce, about 4-5 more minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the peanut Thai mixture between two bowls. Sprinkle with almonds to serve and slice ginger for a garnish!