Organic Veggie Bibimbap
Organic Veggie Bibimbap
It is hard to resist a dish of vibrant vegetables adorning the pearly white rice in our take on a Vegetarian Bibimbap.
Like many Korean dishes, each fresh ingredient is plated individually to get a full appreciation of the complexity of flavours and colours in this delicious ensemble.
IngredientsShop this recipe
This Meal Kit comes with everything you need to make a healthy #nutfree, #glutenfree, #dairyfree, and #vegetarian meal for 2 people! This recipe uses organically grown and locally sourced produce. We assume you have basic kitchen tools, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Please note that allergy preferences and substitutions cannot be accommodated.
- Medium pot
- Medium skillet
- Medium Bowl
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup white rice
- ¾ cups water
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh City’s Chili Okazu Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. nori crinkles
- salt and pepper
Prepare the Ingredients:
- Wash and julienne carrots
- Wash and thinly slice mushrooms
- Rinse, slice and quarter zucchini into little triangles
Cook the Rice
- Rinse the rice in a fine sieve under cold water and add it to a small pot with ¾ cup water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and set aside.
Cook the Vegetables:
- In a medium bowl, mix 3 tbsp. of the Fresh City's Chili Okazu Sauce with sliced mushrooms until well combined. Set remaining 1 tbsp. of the sauce aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once skilled is hot, add mushroom mixture. Cook until mushrooms have wilted and absorbed seasoning, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add julienned carrots and zucchini.
- Cook for 2 minutes until slightly wilted. Add ½ tbsp. sesame seeds. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Fry the Eggs:
- Wash and dry the same medium skillet.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Pro Tip: Go hot or go home! You want the oil in your pan to be almost smoking before those eggs go in, especially if you’re using anything other than a non-stick skillet or a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Cold egg whites hitting a not-hot-enough stainless-steel pan are going to stick.
- Break eggs and slip into pan, 1 at a time. Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 3 minutes.
Bring it All Together
- To serve, place a mound of warm cooked rice in the middle of the plate and arrange prepared mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, nori crinkles and one fried egg.
- Garnish rice with remaining sesame seeds and Fresh City’s Chili Okazu Sauce.
- Stir everything up and enjoy!