Organic Macro Bowl
Organic Macro Bowl
It isn’t often we demolish an entire bowl of something without once suspecting that it was vegan.
This salad bowl recipe is all about the golden turmeric seasoned quinoa and the glorious assortment of vegetables. There are plenty of crunchy and zippy bits in every bite to keep this salad recipe texturally interesting. Pickled beets add a nice acidic balance and sweetness. Avocado adds a smooth velvety texture and Goji Berry Dressing helps bring all these delicious ingredients together into one magnificent Macro Bowl.
Ready in 15 minutes! This Meal Kit comes with everything you need to make a healthy #glutenfree, #paleo, and #vegan meal for 2 people! This recipe uses organically grown and locally sourced produce. We assume you have basic kitchen tools, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Please note that allergy preferences and substitutions cannot be accommodated.
IngredientsShop this recipe
This meal is sure to become one of your all time favourites!
- small pot
- large bowl
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 4-5 dried figs
- 1 avocado
- 2 packs Apple Cider Goji Berry Dressing
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Fresh City’s Pickled Beets
Cook the Quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water. Add turmeric and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer. Cook, uncovered, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare Remaining Ingredients
- Scrub and grate the carrots.
- Wash and roughly chop pea shoots.
- Quarter the figs.
- Halve the avocado. Remove the pit and peel skin, and slice.
Bring It All Together
- In a large bowl, evenly divide quinoa, pea shoots, and carrots. Top with avocado, figs, pumpkin seeds and pickled beets.
- Drizzle with Apple Cider Goji Berry Dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!