Organic Black Bean Tacos
These tacos come together in about 15 minutes and are a perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Fun to eat. The crisp of our farmers' fresh vegetables like cabbage, carrots and radishes add a nice contrasting crunch to the soft chili flavoured black bean filling and velvety smooth coconut yogurt and avocado. We topped this recipe with pumpkin seeds for some extra texture. Quick to cook, easy to clean, make dinner in a pinch tonight.Download a printable version of this recipe
There is no ingredients for this recipe
Ready in less than 30 minutes! This recipe uses organically grown and locally sourced produce. We assume you have basic kitchen tools, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Please note that allergy preferences and substitutions cannot be accommodated.
- 2 large bowls
- Small bowl
- Large skillet
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 limes
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 90g radishes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. cane sugar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 tbsp. Fresh City’s Chili Spice Mix
- ¼ cup Coconut Yogurt
- 1 Avocado
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
Prepare the Ingredients
- Mince the garlic and halve the lime.
- Rinse the cabbage, carrots and radishes.
- Shred the cabbage and grate the carrots.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
Make the Cabbage Slaw
- Add cabbage, carrots and radishes to a large bowl.
- Add in apple cider vinegar, cane sugar, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
Cook the Black Beans
- Add black beans, garlic, Fresh City’s Chili Spice Mix, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together.
- Squeeze in the juice of one half lime, toss thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add black bean mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Rinse the skillet and set aside.
Make the Lime Crema
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the other half of the lime into a small bowl. Stir in the coconut yogurt, cilantro, 1 tbsp. olive oil and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Mix well to combine and set aside in the fridge.
Warm the Tortillas
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in the same skillet used for black beans over medium heat.
- Place a corn tortilla on the pan for 30 seconds per side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cover warmed tortillas with a clean dish towel to keep them pliable.
Bring it All Together
- Evenly divide the tortillas between two plates.
- Top each with black beans, cabbage slaw, a dollop of lime crema and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Spoon out pieces of avocado into each tortilla.
- Fold and enjoy!