Organic Beef Bibimbap
Organic Beef Bibimbap
This could possibly be our most irresistible dinner.
Our take on this classic Korean dish is fully loaded with carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, and the juiciest of the organic beef from the Healthy Butcher. Carefully top your Bibimbap with sesame seeds to give it that extra flair. Not to mention that Chili Okazu! Everyone should have Chili Okazu on hand at all times.
This Meal Kit comes with everything you need to make a healthy #nutfree, #glutenfree, and #dairyfree meal for 2 people! This recipe uses organically grown and locally sourced produce. We assume you have basic kitchen tools, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Please note that allergy preferences and substitutions cannot be accommodated.
1 organic beef bibimbapShop this recipe
The vibrant mix of colours and complex flavours beautifully displayed only to be mixed together and gobbled up.
- Medium pot
- Medium bowl
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh City’s Chili Okazu Sauce
- 227g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
Prepare the Ingredients
- Wash and julienne carrots.
- Wash and thinly slice mushrooms.
- Rinse, slice and quarter zucchini into little triangles.
Cook the Rice
- Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with ¾ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer to cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
Cook the Vegetables
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix 3 tbsp. of the Fresh City's Chili Okazu Sauce with sliced mushrooms until well combined. Set remaining 1 tbsp. of the sauce aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once skilled is hot, add mushroom mixture. Cook until mushrooms have wilted and absorbed seasoning, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add julienned carrots and zucchini.
- Cook for 2 minutes until slightly wilted. Add ½ tbsp. sesame seeds. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Cook the Beef
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
- Add beef strips to the skillet, stirring until all sides of beef strips are fully cooked, 5-8 minutes.
- Mix 3 tbsp. Chili Okazu Sauce into beef strips and toss to combine.
Bring it All Together
- To serve, place a mound of warm cooked rice in the middle of the plate and arrange prepared mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, and beef.
- Garnish rice with remaining sesame seeds and Chili Okazu Sauce. Stir everything up and enjoy!