Orange & Fennel Chicken with Raisin Quinoa
- Baking dish
- Small pot
1 blood oranges
1/2 bulb fennel
20-24 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup sweet citrus dressing (orange juice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sugar, tamari, turmeric)
to taste salt & pepper
1 1/2 cups waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
• Thinly slice the onion.
• Rinse and thinly slice the orange (you can leave the peel on).
• Rinse the fennel bulb and cut away any tough root bits. Cut the bulb in half and then into thin slices.
Bake the Chicken
• Place the chicken thighs on a work surface and slice them a couple of times each down to the bone.
• Place them in the baking dish and top with onion, orange and fennel slices. Drizzle with half of the Sweet Citrus Dressing and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Bake until the skin is golden-brown and crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Broil on high for about an additional 2 minutes for a crispier skin.
• The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
Make the Quinoa
• In the meantime, rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the quinoa is tender and the water is
absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
• Stir in the raisins.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and dice the green onion.
• Evenly divide the quinoa between two plates and top with chicken thighs, oranges and veggies.
• Drizzle with the remaining Sweet Citrus Dressing and garnish with green onions to serve!