Mushroom Sage Risotto with Spinach & Peas
- Medium pot
- Cheese grater
- Large pot
- Small pan with lid
5 cups water
3 cups english shelling peas
100g lactose-free parmesan, old style
1 cup white arborio rice
1 teaspoon dried sageShop this recipe
Prepare the Broth & Ingredients
- Bring 5 cups of water and the veggie bouillon cube to boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, turn off the heat and let the cube dissolve.
- Rinse and shell the peas, mince the garlic, dice the onion, slice the mushrooms, roughly chop the spinach, and grate the parmesan. Set everything aside until ready to use.
Make the Risotto
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the onions and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the Arborio rice and stir. Scoop 1 cup of broth into the pot and stir continuously until absorbed. Repeat with 2 more cups of broth.
- Stir in the mushrooms, peas, and sage. Add the remaining 2 cups of broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Blanch the Spinach
- Place a small pan with a bit of water over medium-high heat. Cover the pan with a lid and let the spinach steam for 3-4 minutes or until wilted. Once wilted, remove the pan from heat and drain the spinach.
Bring It All Together
- Add the spinach to the pot of risotto, stir to combine and serve hot!