Mushroom-Kale Potato Skins with Santa Fe Chili Soup
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Small pot
- Large bowl
to taste salt & pepper
2 cups santa fe chili soup
1/2 cup hewitt's goat milk sour cream, 14% mfShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Rinse and scrub the potatoes and pierce them in several spots with a fork. Cut in half and place them cut-side down on the baking sheet. Bake until fork-tender, about 25-30 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool.
• Rinse and roughly chop the kale. Wipe and slice the mushrooms. Mince the garlic and dice the onion. Rinse and mince the chives (or green onion). Grate the cheese.
Cook the Veggies
• While the potatoes bake, heat the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir in the mushrooms and cook until browning, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Assemble the Potato Skins
• Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh, down to about ½-inch from the skin.
• Transfer the potato flesh to a large bowl and mash it.
• Stir in the kale, mushrooms and half of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Place the potato skins on the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Spoon the mashed potato/ mushroom mixture into the skin and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until crispy, 10-15 minutes.
Heat the Soup
• In the meantime, add the Santa Fe Chili Soup to the same small pot used earlier for the mushrooms, over
• Cook until heated through, about 8-10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the potato skins between two plates and top with sour cream and a sprinkle of chives/green onion.
• Serve with a side of Santa Fe Chili Soup on the side!