Mini Caprese Salad Bites
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 cups yellow cherry vine tomatoes
A bunch living basil
to taste salt & pepper
1 pack toothpicksShop this recipe
1. Cut the mozzarella into small 1/2-inch cubes.
2. In a small pan, add the balsamic vinegar and cook over medium heat until it reduced to less than half and thickened. Make sure you stir occasionally. It should only take about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the amount you're reducing.
3. Take a toothpick and stick a piece of mozzarella, a basil leaf and a cherry tomato on it. Repeat with all of the mozzarella, basil and cherry tomatoes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Using a teaspoon drizzle some of the balsamic reduction onto each appetizer.