Mexican Street Corn Bowl with Avocado & Pico de Gallo
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Small pot
- Small bowl
1½ cups water
To taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. fresh city's mexican spice mix (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Make the Quinoa
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Roast the Corn & Bell Pepper
• While the quinoa is cooking, rinse, halve and de-seed the bell pepper. Place it on the baking
sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the corn, in their husks, to the baking sheet. Roast until the peppers are charred, 25-30 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• While the corn and bell pepper are roasting, rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
• Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, the cilantro, Mexican spice mix and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Bring It All Together
• Remove the corn and bell pepper from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before husking the corn and cutting the kernels off of the cob.
• Slice the bell pepper into thin strips.
• Evenly divide the quinoa between two bowls and top with corn, bell pepper and avocado.
• Drizzle with the cilantro-lime dressing and pico de gallo salsa to serve!