Memories of Martini’s Cauliflower Fettuccine
Recipe excerpted from The UnDiet Cookbook: 130 Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy and Awesome Life
- Vegetable peeler
- Large pot
- Small pan
1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
170g soba noodles
1/3 cup waterShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
- Rinse the cauliflower, kale, tomato, and zucchini.
- Chop the cauliflower. Remove the kale leaves from the stem and cut them into long strips. Clean, de-stem and slice the mushroms. Create long strips of zucchini using a vegetable peeler or knife. De-seed and chop the tomato. Mince the garlic. Set everything aside.
Steam the Cauliflower
- Add some water to a large pot and place it over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and steam until fork-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Run the cauliflower under cool water and drain in a colander. Set aside.
Make the Noodles
- Fill the large pot with water and bring to boil. Add the soba noodles and cook for 5-8 minutes, until al dente.
- Pour the noodles into your colander and rinse under cold water. Drain and return to the pot with the cauliflower
Cook the Veggies & Make the Sauce
- While the noodles are boiling, heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat and add half of the minced garlic. Once aromatic, add the mushrooms and sautee until water is released and the mushrooms shrink in size.
- Pour the contents of the pan into the pot with noodles and cauliflower when done. Add the zucchini strips.
- In a blender, combine the cashews, nutritional yeast, tamari, water, and remaining garlic. Blend until smooth.
Bring It All Together
- Slowly add the 'cream' sauce to the pot to cover the noodles and veggies to your desired creaminess. Mix well and add salt as needed. Divide the fettucine evenly between two bowls to serve!
For more healthy and awesome recipes, check out Meghan Telpner's The UnDiet Cookbook!
Excerpted from The UnDiet Cookbook: 130 Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy and Awesome Life by Meghan Telpner. Copyright © 2015 Meghan Telpner. Photography Copyright © 2015 Maya Visnyei. Published by Appetite by Random House, a division of Random House of Canada Ltd., a Penguin Random House Company. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.