Mark’s Chickpea Falafels with Mint, Blueberries & Walnuts
- Blendor/food processor
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Small bowl
1/4 cups fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro)
2 cups leafy greens
1/4 cup sweet citrus dressing (turmeric, orange juice, lemon, dijon, honey)
to taste salt and pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the falafels
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Rinse and finely chop the parsley and cilantro.
- Finely dice the onion.
Bake the falafels
- In a blender or food processor, combine the onion, chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is combined (it can be somewhat chunky).
- Add the chickpea flour and pulse again to incorporate.
- Form the falafel mixture into 1-inch balls and press them lightly to form a puck-like shape.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake until firm and golden-brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Prepare the salad
- Rinse and roughly tear the mint and leafy greens.
- Rinse and halve the grapes. Rinse the blueberries.
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Using a fork, whisk the sweet citrus dressing and olive oil together in a small bowl.
Bring it all together
- Evenly divide the leafy greens and mint between two plates. Top with chickpea falafels, grapes, blueberries and walnuts.
- Drizzle with sweet citrus dressing and garnish with crumbled feta to serve.