Create a quick and easy lunch with this Marinated Tofu Satay and Spiralized Veggie Salad! We like to create our own Sun Butter sauce using sunflower seeds, making it safe for any lunchroom! Pack this up for a filling and delicious meal.
1 tablespoon tamari (golden)
1/8 cup waterShop this recipe
Sun Butter Sauce:
1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
1 tbsp honey
⅛ cup lime juice (about half a lime)
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 tbsp tamari
⅛ cup sesame oil
⅛ cup water
½-inch fresh ginger (optional), peeled and minced
Marinated Tofu Satay:
150 grams firm tofu, drained
½ cup Sun Butter Sauce
Spiralized Veggie Salad:
2-3 carrots and/or beets, peeled
¼ cup Sun Butter Sauce
Sun Butter Sauce Instructions:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the sunflower seed butter, honey, lime, garlic, tamari, and sesame oil. Whisk in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach a drizzleable consistency.
Marinated Tofu Satay Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. (Optional: wrap tofu in an absorbent towel several times and place something heavy on top to press for 15-20 minutes to remove excess liquid). Remove the tofu from the wrap and using your favourite cookie cutters, cut out tofu shapes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the tofu with the Sun Butter Sauce until well coated. Set aside for a minimum of 15 minutes (max overnight in the fridge) to marinate.
3. When the tofu is ready, remove the tofu from the marinade, shaking over the bowl to remove excess sauce.
4. Place the tofu on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, 1-inch apart from one another, and bake for 20-25 minutes depending on desired crispness. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside to cool.
5. Once cooled, skewer tofu with the popsicle sticks and pack up for lunch!
Spiralized Veggie Salad Instructions:
1. Set up a mixing bowl beside the spiralizer.
2. Fit the spiralizer with your root vegetables of choice and spiralize until all vegetables have become curly colourful spirals. Place all spirals into the large mixing bowl.
3. Use a fork or tongs to mix the vegetables and mix in the Sun Butter Sauce together until well coated.